In this tutorial, we’ll present you the way to make a FaceTime name from your Apple TV. We will even present you the way to hand off an ongoing iPhone or iPad FaceTime name to the TV with out disconnection.
Table of Contents
- An iPhone or an iPad that may perform as your Apple TV’s wi-fi digicam and microphone. The supported units are talked about beneath.
- Make positive your iPhone or iPad and Apple TV are utilizing the identical Apple ID and are linked to the identical Wi-Fi community.
- Make positive FaceTime is about up on your iPhone or iPad, and also you’re utilizing your Apple ID for it.
To make a FaceTime video name, you want an Apple TV 4K (2nd technology or later) operating tvOS 17 or later.
And you’ll be able to use Continuity Camera for Apple TV FaceTime calls on these units operating iOS 17 or iPadOS 17:
- iPhone XR, SE 2nd technology, or later
- iPad Pro 12.9-inch (third gen and later)
- iPad Pro 11-inch (all fashions)
- iPad Air (third gen and later)
- iPad (eighth gen and later)
- iPad mini (fifth gen and later)
Start a FaceTime video name from your Apple TV
1) Open the FaceTime app on your Apple TV.
2) Select your identify underneath the Users heading. If you don’t see your identify, choose Other after which scan the QR code showing on your TV utilizing the Camera app on your iPhone or iPad.
3) You will now get a notification on your iPhone or iPad to use it for Continuity Camera. Tap Accept.
4) Now, flip your iPhone into panorama orientation, have the rear telephone cameras face you, and place it on a stand.
After this, the full-screen message ought to go away. But if it doesn’t, faucet Skip this step on your iPhone or press the play/pause button on the Siri Remote.
In a couple of seconds, your iPhone and Apple TV can be linked, and you will notice the FaceTime app interface on your TV and the usual Continuity Camera’s “Connected to Apple TV” message on your iPhone. Leave the iPhone unattended on the stand.
5) You’re now prepared to make a FaceTime video name from your Apple TV. To do this:
- Select a latest name and click on it to begin a brand new name.
- Or, click on the plus button, choose a contact, and click on the FaceTime button.
6) When you’re accomplished speaking, use the purple End button on the Apple TV or the End Call and Disconnect button on your iPhone.
When you’re on the FaceTime name
You have your common FaceTime controls that you just’re already accustomed to.
Starting from left to proper, right here’s what all these buttons do:
Use full-screen reactions throughout FaceTime calls on Apple TV
FaceTime reactions can be found on iOS 17, iPadOS 17, macOS Sonoma, tvOS 17, and later.
When you’re on a FaceTime name, you can also make hand gestures, and it’ll robotically add a stupendous impact to the video name, which is seen by you and the members of the decision. For occasion, if you happen to make a two-thumbs-up gesture, fireworks can be added to the FaceTime name.
Here’s a picture that tells you about all of the display screen results you’ll be able to set off with the corresponding hand gesture:
Use FaceTime in Picture in Picture on Apple TV
When you’re on a FaceTime name on your Apple TV, press the again button (<) on the Siri Remote to exit the FaceTime app and proceed the video name in a small Picture in Picture (PiP) window.
To handle the Picture in Picture window, press the TV button on the Siri Remote after which:
- Hide the FaceTime name display screen. Press the TV button once more to deliver again the FaceTime PiP window.
- Change the Layout. You can select from Picture in Picture, Split View, Full Screen, or transfer this PiP window to different corners of the TV display screen.
- End the decision.
You can study extra about this in our tutorial on utilizing Picture in Picture for movies on Apple TV.
Transfer an ongoing FaceTime name to your Apple TV
Your Apple TV can detect while you’re on a FaceTime name and recommend you proceed the decision on the massive display screen. You can use that alert, however if you happen to don’t get that suggestion, you’ll be able to all the time comply with the steps beneath. The fundamentals are related to what we’ve defined earlier.
- Go to the FaceTime name display screen on your iPhone or iPad. From right here, faucet the speaker icon and select your Apple TV.
- Your iPhone will join to Apple TV, and Continuity Camera will kick into motion.
- Place the iPhone horizontally on a stand with its rear digicam dealing with you. Tap Skip this Step on your iPhone or press the Play/Pause button on Siri Remote if wanted.
- Your video name will now proceed on Apple TV.
Other Apple TV suggestions for you: