Using Windows Installation Assistant is without doubt one of the most easy methods to replace your Windows PC. It is a Windows utility software to improve your PC to the most recent out there model in your Windows gadget. Microsoft launched Windows 11 on October 5, 2021, and provided three official methods to Update your PC working on Windows 10 to Windows 11, together with the Windows Installation Assistant. The others are Windows 11 Media Creation Tool and Windows 11 Disk Image (ISO) Download.
If your PC is already working on Windows 11, then the Windows Installation Assistant will replace your gadget to the most recent out there Windows 11 construct. This means, you’ll replace your Windows PC to the most recent model.
To show you how to out, on this information, we’ll delve into the detailed process of updating your PC to Windows 11, the most recent out there model utilizing the set up assistant software. But earlier than you proceed in the direction of it, let’s take a look at the minimal necessities specified by Microsoft to run Microsoft Assistant utility in your Windows PC and the system necessities your PC ought to meet to replace to Windows 11.
Table of Contents
Minimum necessities to Run Windows Installation Assistant
Before you proceed to Update Windows utilizing the Windows Installation Assistant software, it is best to know that it’s not appropriate with ARM64 units. Besides this, your gadget ought to meet the next necessities as effectively.
- You ought to have a Windows 10 license.
- Your PC ought to a minimum of be working on Windows 10, model 2004 or increased.
- The PC ought to have a minimum of 9 GB of free disk house.
- Your PC ought to meet all of the Windows 11 gadget specs for improve necessities and supported options.
Minimum System Requirements to Update to Windows 11
Moving additional, beneath are the minimal system necessities that your PC ought to meet to replace from Windows 10 to Windows 11 efficiently.
- Processor: 1 gigahertz (GHz) or sooner with 2 or extra cores on a appropriate 64-bit processor or System on a Chip (SoC).
- Memory: 4 GB RAM.
- Storage: 64 GB or bigger storage gadget.
- System firmware: UEFI, Secure Boot succesful.
- TPM: Trusted Platform Module (TPM) model 2.0.
- Graphics card: DirectX 12 appropriate graphics/WDDM 2.x
- Display: Greater than 9 inches with HD decision (720p).
You can obtain and run the PC Health Checker utility by Microsoft to be sure that your PC is appropriate with the Windows 11 model.
Steps to replace your Windows utilizing the Installation Assistant program
Now that your PC fulfills the minimal necessities required to replace your Windows PC from Windows 10 to Windows 11, let’s undergo the step-by-step means of updating your Windows PC utilizing the Windows Installation Assistant software.
- First of all, you want to go to the official download page of the Windows 11 working system utilizing your most well-liked net browser and hit the Download Now button, situated underneath the Windows 11 Installation Assistant part.
- Wait for the Windows 11 Installation assistant to obtain efficiently, after which navigate to its obtain location within the File Explorer window.
- Right-click the executable program and select Run as administrator possibility from the context menu to run the Installation Assistant with administrative privileges.
- Click the Yes button on the User Action Control immediate to verify the motion.
- Let the Windows 11 Installer Assistant examine for the minimal necessities after which current you with the Microsoft Software License Terms window. Scroll down the license phrases and press the Accept and set up button on the underside proper.
- Now, sit again and look forward to the set up assistant to obtain and retailer all of the associated recordsdata in your exhausting disk drive. The time that this step will take utterly relies on the energy of your web. You can visualize the standing of the Windows 11 obtain within the progress bar. During this time, you may proceed with your work because the obtain is in progress within the background.
- After the Installation Assistant finishes downloading all of the recordsdata, it is going to take a short while to confirm the obtain and set up of the Windows working assistant.
- Once the verification means of the downloaded recordsdata is accomplished, the Windows 11 set up course of will start proper after. At this time, it is best to save all of your work to forestall lack of knowledge due to restart.
- After set up is midway by means of, you’ll be prompted to restart your Windows PC to full the set up process. You can hit the Restart Now button to reboot your PC immediately. You can click on the Restart Later button to let your PC restart when you find yourself not doing any work.
Your Windows PC will restart a number of instances until the replace process will not be 100% full. Eventually, you’ll be introduced with the lock display. Provide your login credentials to entry your PC and let Windows full the setup means of Windows 11. As quickly because the setup course of is accomplished, you should have efficiently up to date your PC to Windows 11.
That’s all on this complete information about updating your Windows PC utilizing the Windows Installation Assistant software. Thankfully, updating your Windows PC utilizing the set up assistant doesn’t delete your private knowledge or take away the apps put in in your PC. However, we advise you to backup your knowledge earlier than starting the process to keep away from shedding your knowledge if one thing goes flawed through the replace course of.
In case you will have any queries or want our help, be happy to attain out to us within the feedback part.