Video conferencing providers have changed in-person displays and conferences in the previous couple of years. However, displaying all the knowledge you want to current is a problem. While display screen sharing works, you’ll in all probability like extra controls over customizing the identical, and that is exactly the place OBS digital digicam is available in.
OBS digital digicam helps you current your self in one of the simplest ways doable on-line and take advantage of your video feed. In this text, we’ll present every part you want to learn about OBS digital cameras and how to simply arrange and use them on video conferencing providers on Windows and Mac. Let’s start.
Table of Contents
What Is OBS Virtual Camera
OBS digital digicam is a device that helps add parts and customise your video feed in a gathering. A video conferencing service enables you to share your display screen and video digicam. With OBS digital digicam, you are able to do a lot extra – create a ‘scene’ together with your video, a display screen seize, logos, textual content, picture, and branding and use it as your video feed in a gathering.
Advantages of OBS Virtual Camera
You might be as inventive as you need whereas utilizing an OBS digital digicam as your video feed. Here are among the benefits :
- Use branding and logos: You can simply use logos, textual content, and different graphics on your video feed whilst you share it on your video name.
- Create a customized structure for a video feed: You can create a structure for the way your video feed is proven. This generally is a mixture of your show contents, video digicam feed, some pictures, branding, and so on. Further, you may place your video digicam feed wherever you need whilst you share the contents of your show.
- Share a number of home windows without delay: You can create a structure that shows two app home windows without delay, which successfully enables you to share two show home windows without delay in a video feed.
- Share part of your window: You can share a selected space of your window whereas sharing your display screen.
- Adjust your sound output: You can customise, fine-tune, combine, and regulate your audio output on a video name.
- Improve video high quality: OBS digital digicam has quite a few instruments to regulate and enhance your video high quality.
- Switch between completely different scenes: You can create a number of scenes, with every scene containing completely different content material, and change between the 2 as your video feed in a gathering.
Here’s how we created an OBS scene with two home windows, an image – the emblem of our web site, and our webcam. All of this might be displayed while you flip on your video and choose the supply as OBS digital digicam on Zoom, Google Meets, Teams, and extra.
How to Set Up OBS Virtual Camera
Here’s how to arrange OBS digital digicam on your Windows or Mac machine. We first want to perceive just a few phrases earlier than we get began.
A Scene is a group of varied parts you need to add to your video feed whereas utilizing the OBS digital digicam as a video supply in your video assembly. You can create a number of scenes and change between them in your video name.
A Source is a part that you could add to a Scene. A supply might be an app window, your webcam, an image, a brand, and so on. You can add a number of sources and create a structure for all these sources by resizing them and becoming them in the best way you need in a Scene.
With that out of the best way, let’s get to the setup course of.
Step 1: Download and set up the OBS Studio software on your machine. Visit the obtain web page utilizing the hyperlink under.
Step 2: Once you put in OBS Studio, open the applying.
Step 3: Click on the ‘+’ icon within the Sources menu.
Step 4: You will see varied parts that you could add. You can discover all choices and add them one after the opposite as a supply. Or, you may check out the instance under.
We’ll create a fundamental screen-sharing window with our video inside it. Hence, we’ll add a show seize, which shares the content material of our complete display screen. You can even choose the Window choice for those who simply need to share a single window.
Step 5: Rename the supply if wanted and click on on OK.
Step 6: Resize or zoom in or out of the window so that each one the contents you need match contained in the black-colored field.
Step 7: Next, we’ll add our webcam to OBS. Click on the ‘Video Capture Device’ choice when including a brand new supply.
Step 8: Select a webcam and click on on OK.
Step 9: Adjust the window, transfer it round, and place the window wherever you need.
Step 10: We’ll want to horizontally flip the sources since they seem to be inverted while you share the Scene in a video feed. So, choose all of the sources.
Step 11: Right-click and choose Transform > Flip Horizontal.
Step 12: You at the moment are prepared to share your digital digicam. Click on ‘Start Virtual Camera’ within the backside proper nook.
Step 13: In your video conferencing device, click on on the ‘OBS Virtual Camera’ choice below video.
Your digital digicam might be shared. Further, you may all the time return to the OBS studio app and change between completely different scenes, add or take away sources, and modify your feed.
That is every part you want to know to arrange OBS digital digicam. If you will have any additional questions, have a look at the FAQ part under.
FAQs on OBS Virtual Camera
Yes. OBS Studio is a free, open-source device.
There is not any restrict to the variety of sources you may add to a Scene in OBS.
Yes, you can too carry out a display screen recording within the OBS studio.
Showcase Everything You Want
OBS studio is among the extra helpful instruments we now have come throughout not too long ago. We hope this information helped set it up with ease. This device is a must have in case you are a online game streamer, a web based trainer, or recurrently current work to your teammates in conferences.