TheTechify has operated with full editorial independence treating our readers with transparency about what we do and how we test. Learn more about our editorial guidelines and ethics in this document.
TheTechify can be accessed and read without the need to create an account. When you do register a free account on TheTechify, you are explicitly required to agree to the following terms. If you choose not to register, you can still use most of the features on TheTechify, but you will not be able to access areas that require registration.
Once you register at TheTechify you will be signed up to receive the TheTechify weekly newsletter, you can opt out at any time if you want to stop receiving site updates via email.
TheTechify hosts a community forum where users can post messages. Although the administrators of TheTechify will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All posts express the views of the author, and neither the owners of TheTechify, nor its collaborators will be held responsible for the content of any message. By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.
We’re glad to have you on TheTechify! With millions of users coming here every month, we’ve devised guidelines that will help our members have conversations and interact in the best possible manner. User comments and our community are an integral part of TheTechify and we expect members to be polite and use their best judgment and common sense when posting.
The golden rule that will keep you in good standing within our community is respect.
- Discuss ideas, no personal attacks. We won’t stand personal flaming or targeting.
- Keep conversations on the topic. Changing the topic won’t help the discussion. While it’s possible for an off-topic remark to occur, these comments shouldn’t be the main component of a posting and we will delete posts as deemed necessary.
- No trolling, no spam, no NSFW content, no ads. Spreading misinformation and negativism will be considered trolling and won’t be tolerated.
Respect the privacy of others. Do not post other members’ personal information.
- Only one account. Each member is entitled to have a single user account and must provide a functional e-mail address (not made public).
- Moderators are entitled to use their judgment in moderation. Furthermore, moderators should be treated with respect. They are all voluntary helpers within the community.
- Use descriptive subject lines and research your post. Posting generic titles like: “I need help” or “I have a problem” may be deleted by moderators regardless of the post’s content.
- Keep your posts clean: Excessive foul language is likely to get moderated or get you banned. The same applies to shouting (see below).
- No SHOUTING allowed!!! That is, posting IN ALL CAPS or with excessive exclamation marks (!!!). It’s rude and annoying, and if you do it, your post will be removed.
- Use the search function. Before posting any new messages make sure the topic you are interested in has not been discussed just recently, you can choose the search feature from the forum menu which will take you to previously posted information.
- Avoid double posting. Make good use of the ‘Edit’ function and do not “reply to yourself” in the same thread unless it’s completely necessary.
- Avatars – We allow small personalized images to go along your user profile and your posts, avatars fall under the same guidelines as printed text. Please no animated avatars.
- Signatures – You can include with your messages a small signature, quote, or slogan, please try to keep your signature less than 2 lines long. Furthermore, the signature space is the place to sign off and not within each of your posts.
- English only – This is an English-only forum. For any other languages please look for a more appropriate site.
TheTechify reserves the right to remove, edit, move, or close any discussion topic, post, or account for any reason. You may delete your account information by logging into your account and contacting the admin team or creating a topic in the feedback forum.
When you delete your account, your profile is no longer visible and disassociated from the content you posted under that account. All account data will be deleted from our system, including your username, email address, IP address, and other profile information. Please note that the public posts, comments, and messages you submitted prior to deleting your account will still be visible to others.