For aesthetics or sensible causes, you possibly can put a timestamp over your photos to make it clear when it was taken. In this tutorial, we are going to present you ways to shortly add the present date and time over your footage or use a digicam app that routinely provides a timestamp over the photos it takes.
If you recall, digital cameras we used earlier than the recognition of smartphones would often add a small orange or yellow timestamp in a nook of the photographs you took with it. It served nicely to inform when the picture was shot.
Similarly, while you take an image on your iPhone, it already places the situation, date & time, and a bunch of different info within the photograph file. This info is named metadata, and you may even tweak or take away it. The downside is – this date and time data is just seen while you view that image within the Photos app or see its properties on your pc.
Therefore, if you need to put the date and time explicitly over a picture, we are going to present you ways to do this utilizing free iOS apps.
Table of Contents
1. Using the Watermark app
We have a devoted tutorial exhibiting you a number of ways to add a text-based or image-based watermaker to your photos from your iPhone. You can use the text-based strategies and add the date and time, which is able to function the timestamp. In addition to that, you need to use this useful app to shortly put the date and time over your photograph.
1) Download the Watermark app and open it.
2) Tap From Gallery and decide the picture you need to add the date and time to.
3) Tap Full to skip cropping the picture and hit the verify mark icon.
4) Scroll down and decide the Time Month Year watermark type.
5) You will see the present date and time routinely added over the picture. Optionally, you need to use the keyboard to change this time and date. Next, drag the timestamp to an acceptable spot on the picture and modify its measurement utilizing the two-finger pinch-in and pinch-out gestures. You may also edit the colour, fonts, and some different issues utilizing the choices within the backside row.
6) Finally, faucet the verify mark icon and faucet Yes to save this picture with the timestamp to your iPhone’s Photos app.
2. Using Photo Date Stamper
1) Download the Date Stamper app on your iPhone or iPad and open it.
2) Allow the app to entry your photos and decide a picture.
3) The app will routinely use the photograph metadata (if it exists) and add the situation and date the picture was taken on.
Additionally, it can present you an alert to entry your location, and should you enable that, it will probably additionally stamp your present location over the picture, which you’ll take away by going to Location and selecting the none tile.
4) Tap Date from the underside to decide one other type. A couple of of them additionally show the time. You can additional faucet the settings icon to customise it. In my exams, I might use the Pro kinds even with out making a cost.
5) Next, place the date stamp on the desired location and alter its measurement.
6) Finally, faucet the share icon and select Save to Photos.
3. Using Timestamp Camera
It’s a digicam app for your iPhone that routinely provides the present date, time, and even location to your photos and movies. If you need all your photos to show the timestamp, that is the simplest and most reasonable means. Here’s the way it works:
1) Download the Timestamp Camera app on your iPhone or iPad and open it.
2) Allow it to entry your digicam and different issues like microphone should you additionally plan to document movies with timestamps utilizing this app.
3) Once you’ve got handed step 2, you’ll discover the present date and time within the high proper nook of the display. If you’re pleased with it, merely faucet the white shutter button, and the photographs you are taking could have the date and time added to them.
4) However, if you need to customise the timestamp type, faucet the clock icon and select a place, format, font, opacity, and so forth. You may even show the compass knowledge, altitude, pace, and map over your picture. The choices listed below are tremendous useful, so be sure you spend a minute exploring the whole lot. Remember to faucet Done to save the adjustments.
In addition to that, you can too faucet the menu button from the highest to additional tweak the digicam settings.
And on high of the whole lot, this free app has a companion paid app known as Timestamp Photo and Video pro to add timestamps to current iPhone photos.
Check out subsequent: