Learn how to import a be aware from the Apple Notes app to the Pages app on your iPhone, iPad, and Mac. Using this trick, you can begin writing in Notes and end up your work in Pages!
Both these apps come preinstalled on a brand new iPhone, iPad, and Mac. But in case you deleted them, it’s straightforward to reinstall from the App Store.
I’ve been utilizing these apps for a number of years as my major note-taking and word-processing apps. And I really feel that with every replace, issues get higher, and extra options are added – making certain I don’t go searching round for options.
The newest model of iOS and macOS have added a hyperlink between Apple Notes and the Pages app to take your productiveness even additional. Now, iOS and macOS enable you to copy your be aware to the Pages app whereas preserving many of the textual content formatting and attachments (like a picture, drawing, and scanned doc) intact. Let me present you the steps to try this.
Note: As of now, iOS 17 and macOS Sonoma are within the developer beta stage. You can get them utilizing our straightforward tutorials:
Table of Contents
How to copy your be aware to the Pages app
On iPhone or iPad
- Open the Notes app in iOS 17 or iPadOS 17.
- Go contained in the be aware you need to carry over to the Pages app.
- Tap the share button.
- Choose Open in Pages from the Share Sheet.
- Launch the Notes app in macOS Sonoma.
- Go inside a be aware.
- Click the share button and select Open in Pages.
Your iPhone, iPad, or Mac will copy that be aware to the Pages app and open it there. You can now proceed to edit that be aware within the Pages app, put it aside, or export it as a PDF, Word file, EPUB, and extra.
Formatting can be carried over
I spent appreciable time creating a really lengthy be aware in my Apple Notes app that has each sort of formatting potential. It has:
After creating this wealthy be aware, I adopted the above steps to import it into the Pages app. And to my delight, virtually all of the above formatting, model, and attachments had been carried over to the Pages doc. However, I would love to level out these three issues:
- The be aware’s Blockquote formatting appears misplaced in Pages.
- Checklist had a special visible model to it in Pages.
- And there was no grey background tile for monospaced textual content in Pages on Mac, although the precise textual content itself is monospaced.
Why copy a be aware to Pages?
It’s all the time good to have further options. But in the event you’re on the lookout for particular advantages, listed here are some from the highest of my thoughts:
- After copying the be aware to Pages, you possibly can export it as a PDF, Word file, EPUB, Plain Text, or one of many different choices. The last exported file may be simply connected to an e mail or submitted as an task. I can see this being helpful for varsity and faculty college students.
- You can flip your be aware right into a password-protected PDF file utilizing the Pages app.
- Options inside Pages like Presenter mode (turns the be aware right into a teleprompter), bookmarks, Table of Contents field, Footnote, and so forth., enable you to do extra along with your writing.
- You can add 2D, 3D & interactive charts, shapes, objects, and varied sorts of tables into your be aware after it’s imported to Pages.
- You can rapidly save that be aware as a .pages or different file format doc and add it as a backup to Google Drive or Dropbox or switch it to an exterior drive.
New this yr: How to hyperlink associated notes within the Apple Notes app