Facebook has been round for fairly some time now and it’s nonetheless fairly related. However, not everybody likes having their associates checklist seen to the general public, as this will result in an invasion of privateness.
But don’t fear, you’ll be able to simply forestall everybody from seeing who you’re associates with on Facebook by altering a setting. If you need to defend your privateness from prying eyes, simply comply with the steps on this information.
Here’s a easy information on find out how to disguise associates checklist on Facebook on the internet and in your telephone.
Table of Contents
How to Hide Friends List On Facebook
Depending on the platform you go to Facebook on, the steps to cover your folks checklist could range. Nevertheless, we have now discovered an answer for you. Read on to learn how to guard your folks checklist from strangers on the Facebook web site and in your telephone.
Hiding Your Friends List on the Facebook Website
If you utilize Facebook in your PC or laptop computer, you’ll be able to change your privateness settings with a number of easy clicks. Here’s how you are able to do the identical.
1. Open the Facebook website: Open your most popular browser and go to the Facebook web site. Also, just remember to are logged in to the account for which you need to change the privateness settings.
2. You ought to now see the Facebook house/timeline web page. Click in your profile image within the upper-right part of the web page.
3. Next, click on on the ‘Settings and Privacy‘ choice, which expands to a brand new menu. Then choose the ‘Settings‘ choice to open the Facebook account settings web page.
4. Once you might be within the Facebook account settings part, you must see a number of choices within the left sidebar. Now click on the ‘Privacy‘ button within the sidebar to open the privateness choices of your Facebook account.
5. On the opened web page, scroll down additional and search for the ‘How can individuals discover and call you‘ part.
6. There you will note the ‘Who can see your folks checklist‘ choice with a button to vary the individuals who can see your folks checklist on Facebook.
7. Click the ‘Edit‘ button subsequent to the second choice ‘Who can see your folks checklist‘.
8. Facebook will show a quick description of the settings button and a drop-down menu under it. Click the menu button to see extra choices.
9. Select the ‘Only Me‘ choice to cover your Facebook associates checklist from everybody else. You may choose another choice to indicate solely your folks with whom you might be additionally associates on Facebook. Alternatively, there’s a ‘Friends besides…‘ choice to cover your folks checklist from sure customers.
10. Finally, return to the Facebook house web page by clicking the Facebook icon on the prime left of the display screen.
Your Facebook associates checklist will now be hidden in keeping with the privateness setting you’ve got chosen.
How To Hide Friends List on the Facebook Mobile App
Regardless of the kind of telephone you utilize – Android or iOS – the method of hiding your folks checklist within the Facebook cellular app stays the identical. Therefore, comply with the steps under to cover your Facebook associates checklist. For this demonstration, we’re utilizing the Facebook Android app, however the technique is identical in case you are utilizing an iPhone.
1. Open the Facebook app in your smartphone within the app drawer. You ought to now see the Facebook house/timeline web page.
2. In the highest navigation bar of the app, you will note numerous choices equivalent to Friend Requests, Facebook Marketplace, and Notifications. Select the three-line menu choice on the far proper of the navigation bar.
3. Next, scroll down the newly opened web page and choose the Settings choice, which expands to a brand new menu underneath the buttons on the backside.
4. Tap the ‘Settings’ button to open your Facebook Account Settings web page.
5. This will show a brand new web page with numerous settings choices on your account.
6. Scroll down to seek out and open the ‘How individuals discover and call you‘ choice underneath the ‘Audience and visibility‘ part.
7. There, faucet the ‘Who can see your folks checklist?‘ choice to vary who can see your folks checklist on Facebook.
8. Select the ‘Only me’ choice to cover your Facebook associates checklist from everybody else. You may select another choice to indicate solely your folks with whom you might be additionally associates on Facebook. Alternatively, there’s a ‘Friends except…’ choice to cover your folks checklist from particular customers.
9. Finally, return to the Facebook house web page through the use of the ‘Back” gesture (which can range on totally different gadgets) in your smartphone.
Your Facebook associates checklist will now be hidden in keeping with the privateness setting you’ve got chosen. It is vital to keep watch over your privateness settings on social media apps like Facebook. You may change different privateness settings to guard your self on Facebook and stop stalkers and undesirable customers from viewing your private or personal info on the platform.
Hiding Your Friends List On Facebook is Easy
When you create a brand new account, Facebook shows your folks checklist to everybody by default. However, given the rising privateness issues around the globe, it’s vital to maintain your privateness in thoughts. You may strive different privateness choices to guard your self from undesirable customers on the platform and hold your profile underneath management. If you comply with the above steps, nobody will have the ability to see who you’re associates with on the platform except you resolve in any other case.
FAQs on find out how to disguise your folks on Facebook
The visibility of your Friends checklist on Facebook is dependent upon your privateness settings. By default, your Friends checklist is seen to your Facebook associates, however you’ll be able to modify the privateness settings to limit who can see it.
To make your Facebook account personal, comply with these steps:
- Log in to your Facebook account and click on on the downward-facing arrow icon within the prime proper nook of the display screen.
- Click “Settings & Privacy” and choose “Privacy Checkup” from the drop-down menu.
- In the “Privacy Checkup” part, you may see choices to assessment and modify the privateness settings on your Posts, Profile, and Apps.
- For every part, assessment the present privateness settings and make adjustments as wanted. You can select to make your posts and profile seen to solely your folks, or particular associates lists or customise your viewers.
- Under “Apps and Websites,” you’ll be able to handle which apps and web sites are allowed to entry your Facebook info, and you can even prohibit who can see your exercise on these third-party apps.
- In the “Privacy Settings and Tools” part, you can even modify different privateness settings, equivalent to who can ship you pal requests, who can look you up utilizing the e-mail deal with or telephone quantity related together with your account, and extra.
By following these steps, you’ll be able to modify your Facebook privateness settings to regulate who can see your posts, profile info, and different exercise on the platform.
There are a number of the reason why somebody could select to make their Facebook associates checklist personal:
- Privacy: By making your folks checklist personal, you’ll be able to defend your privateness and stop strangers from seeing who you are associates with on Facebook.
- Security: If you are involved about on-line safety, hiding your folks checklist might help forestall hackers and cybercriminals from concentrating on your folks.
- Avoiding undesirable pal requests: If you’ve got numerous Facebook associates, making your folks checklist personal might help forestall undesirable pal requests from strangers or acquaintances.
- Avoiding social strain: In some circumstances, individuals could really feel strain to just accept pal requests from individuals they do not know nicely or do not need to be associates with. By making your folks checklist personal, you’ll be able to keep away from this kind of social strain.
- Personal causes: Finally, some individuals could select to make their associates checklist personal for private causes, equivalent to not wanting sure members of the family, co-workers, or acquaintances to see who they’re associates with on Facebook.
Ultimately, the choice to make your Facebook associates checklist personal is a private one and is dependent upon your particular person privateness and safety issues and your social preferences.
No, you can’t see who’s your Facebook profile or posts. Facebook doesn’t present a function that enables customers to see who has seen their profile or posts.
There are many third-party apps and web sites that declare to offer this function, however they’re often scams or malware. They could ask you to put in software program or full surveys, which may compromise your privateness and safety.