Is the sound recorder not working on Windows 11? In this information, we’ll check out a couple of vital tips and suggestions to make the sound recorder useful. It is a vital app to document your on-line conferences or chats and document a chunk of music, and so on.
If the Sound recorder app is denied entry to the Microphone on the System, then there isn’t a scope for recording sound. Otherwise, it could be a bug on Windows 11 that’s creating hassle for the sound recorder app. While Microsoft pushes common updates for Windows 11 OS, a couple of variations typically carry a number of bugs which will have an effect on different apps on the System.
It has been noticed that having the audio enhancements enabled on the Windows 11 could cause interference with the sound recorder app. The Windows audio service could also be encountering some glitch, or the sound recorder app might have some bug on it. These may typically render the sound recording function disabled.
Table of Contents
Best Tips to Fix Voice Recorder Not Working on PC
Here are the assorted troubleshooting suggestions that may repair the sound recorder app on your Windows PC.
1. Disable the Audio Enhancement
The audio enhancement works to fine-tune the audio enter and output. However, having the function enabled has typically been reported to have meddled with the sound recording. So, you need to begin the repair by disabling the audio enhancement on Windows OS.
- Press the Windows + I keyboard shortcut to open the Settings app, select System from the left sidebar, and click on the Sound possibility in the proper pane.
- Now, click on on More Sound Settings.
- On the Sound dialog field, click on the Playback tab > right-click on the machine speaker > choose Properties.
- On the speaker properties dialog field, click on on the Advanced tab.
- Scroll to the Signal Enhancement tab and deselect the checkbox beside Enable audio enhancements.
- Click on Apply > OK after which restart the pc.
If the sound recorder app remains to be not functioning, attempt the opposite troubleshooting strategies talked about beneath.
2. Restart Windows Audio Service
There is a devoted service named Windows Audio Service that manages the functioning of sound recording and different facets of sound administration on Windows OS. It might have gotten disabled due to some corrupt system settings. Here is how one can allow it on your PC.
- Press Windows + R to launch the Run field.
- Type providers.msc and press enter.
- Once you see the record of providers, scroll to Windows Audio service and Right-click on it,
- Click on Restart from the menu that seems.
- When the affirmation field pops up click on on Yes.
3. Enable Microphone Access for Sound Recorder App
It is vital to permit the sound recorder app to have entry to the Microphone to document any audio.
- Press the Windows + I keys to open the machine settings.
- On the left, click on on Privacy & Security > click on on Microphone.
- On the subsequent web page, scroll to Let Apps entry your Microphone and click on the toggle beside it.
- Scroll to Sound Recorder and click on the toggle beside it.
4. Install Windows 11 Update
To handle bug points, it’s clever to search for obtainable system updates for Windows 11 and set up the identical.
- Open the Windows settings by urgent Windows + I.
- Next, click on on Windows Update on the left sidebar.
- At the top-right nook on the subsequent web page, click on on Check for Updates.
- If a brand new model replace is accessible, it ought to now seem with a immediate to Download it.
- Click on Download Now and observe the remainder of the directions to end the obtain.
5. Repair the Sound Recorder App
You can restore the Sound recorder app from the Windows settings. It is an efficient method to repair any bugs related to the app. A restore will repair the issue with the set up information of the sound recorder app.
- Press Windows + S to open the search and sort Installed Apps. Click Open.
- Now, scroll to Sound Recorder within the record of put in apps on your PC.
- Click the three horizontal dots subsequent to Sound Recorder after which select Advanced choices.
- Scroll to the Repair button and click on on it on the subsequent web page.
- Alternatively, chances are you’ll click on on the Reset button as nicely. Resetting will take away the app knowledge totally.
6. Reinstall the Sound Recorder App
One of the final fixes you possibly can go for is reinstalling the Windows sound recorder app. When you reinstall the app from scratch, it’ll repair all of the bugs and different attainable technical glitches within the utility.
- Press Windows + S to open the search and sort Installed App. Click Open.
- Now, go to Sound Recorder within the record of put in apps on your laptop.
- Click the three horizontal dots subsequent to Sound Recorder and choose Uninstall.
- On the affirmation pop-up once more, click on on Uninstall.
- Launch the Microsoft Store from the taskbar. [or open it using Windows search]
- Use the search subject on the Microsoft Store to seek for Sound Recorder.
- Access Windows Sound Recorder and click on on Get to set up it on Windows 11.
Once the app is reinstalled, restart your PC and take a look at to document the sound you want utilizing the Windows sound recorder.
Record Audio on Windows 11 Without any Issues
I hope the following pointers and tips will aid you reinstate the dysfunctional sound recorder app on your Windows PC. Now, you possibly can document audio out of your convention assembly or document your voice utilizing the native recording app from Microsoft. Let us wrap this information on “How to Fix Sound Recorder Not Working on Windows 11?”