DirectX is a video, audio, and recreation API library that Microsoft Windows computer systems want to show video, audio, and video games. Thus, when it begins displaying errors, it’s pure for anybody to turn out to be enraged. However, speaking in regards to the present state of affairs, there are literally thousands of customers who face points with their DirectX 12, particularly those that up to date their OS.
In this, each time customers begin any recreation, it crashes, and an error message seems that claims not sufficient reminiscence. But fear not, as there are some simple options accessible that may aid you remedy this challenge. So, let’s dive into the information and take a look at these fixes.
Table of Contents
Top Ways to Fix Not Enough Memory in DirectX 12
Here are a number of fixes which have the potential to resolve if, whereas taking part in video games or movies, you’re getting the not sufficient reminiscence in DirectX 12 error message:
Fix 1: Run DirectX Diagnostic Tool
In the start, you need to test whether or not the DirectX model in your system helps the most recent DirectX 12. In some circumstances, outdated or decrease variations of DirectX could also be liable for such a problem. To try this, comply with these steps:
- First of all, to open the Run dialog field, press Windows + R.
- Thereafter, sort dxdiag and press Enter to open DirectX Diagnostic Tool.
- Now, on the System tab, you’ll be able to test the DirectX model.
- You can discover the DirectX model working on the Display tab on the PC.
- Furthermore, you’ll be able to right here test DirectX 3D Feature Levels and different DirectX Features.
- To obtain the DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer, click on on the DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer hyperlink in case your PC is working outdated DirectX variations.
- Just run the installer as soon as the obtain is full, and the most recent model of DX can be put in. You might have the ability to resolve the problem that method.
Fix 2: Update Windows System
It’s simple to test the most recent updates on your PC if it is working an outdated Windows construct by following the steps beneath. It’s a good suggestion to set up an replace if one is on the market. In this replace, you will discover loads of enhancements, bug fixes, and further options. To try this:
- To open Windows Settings, press Windows + I.
- Then click on Update & Security > Click Check for updates in the Windows Update part.
- When an replace is on the market, you’ll be able to click on on Download and Install.
- Let the set up course of end.
- Afterward, reboot your pc to apply the adjustments.
Fix 3: Update Graphics Driver
There are a number of explanation why a program might not launch if its graphics driver is outdated or lacking. It can also be advisable to replace graphics drivers commonly if you have not performed so just lately. To accomplish that:
- Using the Windows + X keys, open the Quick Start menu.
- From the record, click on Device Manager > Double-click Display adapters.
- Simply right-click on the devoted graphics card.
- Next, choose Update driver.
- After that, choose to Search robotically for drivers.
- Whenever an replace is on the market, it’s going to robotically obtain and set up it.
- After the adjustments have been made, the system will robotically reboot. If it’s not rebooting your gadget robotically, it’s essential to do it manually. After that, test if the not sufficient reminiscence in DirectX 12 error message get vanished.
Fix 4: Increase the Paging File Size
To repair the not sufficient reminiscence in DirectX 12 error message, it’s essential to additionally attempt rising the paging file dimension utilizing the steps talked about beneath:
- Initially, to launch the Settings app, press the Windows key + I.
- From the System settings, choose About from the right-hand part.
- Go to the Related Links part and click on on Advanced system settings.
- Thereafter, in the System Properties window, click on the Advanced tab.
- On the Performance web page, click on Settings.
- Select the Advanced tab below Performance Options.
- In the Virtual Memory properties field, click on the Change button.
- Afterward, be sure that the checkbox subsequent to Automatically handle paging file dimension is unchecked.
- Locate the problematic recreation’s drive.
- Make positive Custom dimension is enabled.
- In the textual content containers Initial dimension and Maximum dimension, enter desired values.
- To set the worth, click on the Set button after which click on OK.
- You can now shut the Settings window.
- Finally, launch the sport once more.
Fix 5: Clear the DirectX Cache
You can carry out these steps in order to delete the cache file for DirectX out of your PC:
- On the taskbar, click on the Windows icon.
- Search for disk cleanup and await outcomes.
- When opening the Disk Cleanup instrument, select Run as administrator.
- Then, choose the C drive from the drop-down menu.
- To proceed, click on OK.
- Make positive all checkboxes besides the one subsequent to DirectX Shader Cache are unchecked in the Disk Cleanup window.
- To proceed, click on OK.
- You will see a affirmation popup.
- To affirm and full the deletion, click on the Delete Files button.
Fix 6: Disable Startup Programs
Many customers reported that they efficiently resolved the not sufficient reminiscence in DirectX 12 error message simply by disabling the startup applications in the background. Therefore, it’s essential to additionally give it a attempt:
- Open the Task Manager. Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc collectively to do that, or use the Windows search bar to discover it.
- If you turn to the Startup apps, it is possible for you to to spot the heavy duties and disable them.
- On the window’s backside proper nook, click on the Disable button subsequent to this system you want to disconnect.
Fix 7: Use Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool
So, listed below are the steps that you simply want to comply with in order to run the Windows Memory Diagnostic instrument:
- First of all, open the Run field by urgent Windows + R.
- Thereafter, in the textual content field, sort the next command, and click on OK to entry the Memory Diagnostic instrument:
- From the popup window, choose Restart Now and test for issues (advisable).
Fix 8: Repairing Corrupt Files
There may be an issue with file integrity in the sport that’s inflicting the “not enough memory in DirectX 12” error message. It may very well be that a number of corrupt recordsdata are situated in the set up listing, which is inflicting the sport to crash. Here are some steps you’ll be able to take to guarantee your recordsdata are intact:
- Go to the Steam Client.
- After that, right-click the sport.
- Choose Properties after which Local Files.
- Finally, click on Verify Integrity of Game Files.
If you choose this selection, the shopper will scan the set up listing for broken recordsdata and repair them robotically.
Fix 9: Restart Windows Explorer
If the error happens when you’re utilizing the file supervisor and are experiencing out-of-memory errors, you’ll be able to restart your Windows Explorer.
- Initially, in the search bar, sort Task Manager and click on on it.
- From the drop-down menu, right-click on Windows Explorer and select Restart.