Are you encountering the “Looks Like You’re Stranded” Xbox app error on Windows 11? In this information, you will see helpful troubleshooting suggestions to repair this downside. Xbox is synonymous with gaming and is native to Microsoft. The app for Windows PC permits a consumer to obtain and play new video games in addition to work together with fellow gaming fanatics.
If the Xbox app server is down, then launching the app can throw the “Looks Like You’re Stranded” error. Having an unstable web making connectivity to the net tough may very well be a possible purpose why Xbox shouldn’t be loading on your PC. Along with that, you’re welcomed with the “Looks Like You’re Stranded” error once you open the Xbox app for Windows 11.
Table of Contents
Tips to Fix ‘Looks Like You’re Stranded’ Xbox App Error
Go via these fixes and implement them to get make Xbox useful once more. On the opposite hand, in case you are curious concerning the Xbox Game Bar, then know every thing about it from right here.
1. Sign out of Xbox and Sign-in Again
As per just a few consumer experiences, upon encountering the “Looks Like You’re Stranded’ Xbox App error, one ought to signal out of the Xbox account and check in once more.
- Make positive the Xbox app is open. Click the username on the top-left nook.
- From the menu, click on on Sign Out.
- Once you’re again on the login display, click on on the Sign-in button on the higher left nook.
2. Update Xbox App
Do you bear in mind once you final up to date the Xbox app put in on your PC? If you possibly can’t bear in mind, then you’re in all probability utilizing an older model of the gaming app. It implies that the model of the app could also be buggy and has compatibility points with the model of Windows 11 OS at the moment put in on your pc.
To search for accessible updates for the Xbox app,
- Open the Microsoft Store app.
- On the left-hand panel, click on on Library.
- Next on the top-right nook, click on on Get Updates.
- If your PC is linked to the web, the accessible updates for varied apps, together with the Xbox app, will begin to set up.
If you don’t see an accessible replace for the Xbox app, then in all probability there isn’t a new replace rolled out formally. It may very well be another purpose why you’re going through the “Looks Like You’re Stranded’ error. Try the subsequent troubleshooting suggestions listed within the information.
Note: If you’re unable to open Xbox app for any purpose on Windows 11, repair the difficulty utilizing this troubleshooting information.
3. Fix the Network Problems
Is your community too sluggish to launch apps or entry the web? You can know concerning the web velocity and stability by working a fast network speed test. If the values within the community velocity end result are too lower than what your ISP claims to give you as per your community plan, complain relating to it to the ISP.
Get your community checked and glued for defective cabling or router. You could manually restart the router and reconnect your machine to the WiFi. If you could have the means to join to one other community which may be steady and performs higher, then join your PC to that WiFi.
4. Restart the Computer
Often a easy restart of the PC can repair sure bugs with most apps. If it’s a random bug, then a fast reboot will take away it straight away.
- Press the Windows key to invoke the search console.
- At the underside proper nook of the search field, click on the energy icon.
- From the little menu that reveals up, click on on Restart, and anticipate the pc to reboot.
- After the PC restarts, join it to the web and launch the Xbox app.
- Login to the Xbox app.
5. Run the Microsoft Store App Troubleshooter
Windows gives an in-built troubleshooter for managing errors and technical snags with any apps which can be provided on the Microsoft Store.
- Press the Windows key to open the search part.
- Type Troubleshoot settings and click on Open when the choices present up.
- Now, click on on Other Troubleshooters.
- Head on to Windows Store Apps and click on on the Run button beside it.
Follow the directions to full the troubleshooting efficiently utilizing this native instrument.
6. Check if the Xbox App Server is Down
The Xbox app server could also be down for some bug squashing. You can find out about server outages by following the sever standing updates on the Downdetector web site. On this discussion board, customers from all all over the world preserve reporting server outages for the involved apps that they use on their units.
If you see a surge within the graph indicating a server outage concern, you possibly can’t do something however wait till the upkeeping is completed and the servers are introduced again to life.
In most instances, the social media handles of the favored apps concern updates relating to such points the place the app takes a success. If you utilize social networking apps, observe the deal with of the Twitter.com/Xbox” target=”_blank” rel=”noopener”>Xbox to keep up to date on such issues.
7. Use Google DNS on Your PC
Switching to the Google DNS server is an effective way to adapt to a swift community expertise. With a greater community, you’ll more than likely overcome the Xbox “Looks like you’re Stranded” error message. To change the present DNS server to Google public DNS server, observe these steps.
- Press the Windows key and sort WiFi settings. Click Open.
- Click the WiFi community title.
- Scroll to the DNS Server project and click on on Edit.
- From the dropdown beneath Edit Network DNS Settings, choose Manual.
- Enable the toggle for IPV4.
- Enter 18.104.22.168 because the Preferred DNS and 22.214.171.124 because the Alternate DNS.
- To verify the modifications click on the Save button.
After altering to the Google DNS, launch Xbox, and examine should you can entry it with none points.
8. Reinstall Xbox App
Uninstalling and reinstalling a problematic app is commonly thought-about a helpful repair in coping with pesky bugs. To uninstall Xbox from Windows PC,
- Press the Windows + X keys and choose the choice Installed Apps from the short entry menu.
- With Installed Apps, click on the search bar and sort Xbox to shortly entry it from the listing of put in apps.
- Click the 3-dot icon subsequent to Xbox and choose Uninstall.
- To verify the transfer click on on Uninstall button as soon as once more.
For reinstalling the Xbox app,
- Launch the Microsoft Store app.
- Use the search area on the high and sort Xbox.
- When you see Xbox app present up within the search end result, click on on Get.
9. Reset Xbox on the Computer
You could contemplate resetting the Xbox app on Windows 11 if different suggestions and tips didn’t resolve the “Looks Like You’re Stranded” Xbox App error. To reset the app, observe these steps.
- Press Windows + S keys to deliver up the search console.
- Type Xbox and when the app seems, scroll to App Settings and click on on it.
- Within the Xbox app settings, scroll to Reset and click on on it.
- Click on Reset on the small pop-up that warns you relating to the reset course of which can completely delete all of the energetic information related to the app.
Game Harder with Xbox App on Windows 11
It could be a bummer if you end up within the temper for some gaming with Xbox or interplay with fellow avid gamers however tech snags preserve you “stranded” on Microsoft’s gaming app. I hope this information helped repair the “Looks Like You’re Stranded” Xbox app error on Windows 11.