Just like Steam, Epic Games Launcher is one other well-known digital distribution service. It has a plethora of high-end video games to provide. You can discover among the well-liked titles reminiscent of Grand Thief Auto V, Fortnite, The Lord of the Rings, and lots of extra. The better part is that it makes buying, downloading, and having fun with your favourite video games tremendous straightforward. Epic Games Launcher is residence to many PC players as they get a wide range of choices below one roof.
However, many Windows 11 customers have encountered a difficulty the place they’re having bother launching the Epic Games Launcher. As per the person’s report, the Epic Games Launcher fails to open each time they fight to launch it on their Windows 11 pc. Are you going by the identical? Well, in that case, fear no extra, as at this time we’ll speak about some suggestions and methods that may aid you launch the Epic Games Launcher in your PC with none interruption.
Table of Contents
How To Fix Epic Games Launcher Not Opening Windows 11?
Epic Games Launcher not opening on Windows 11 would possibly occur due to a wide range of causes. And we even have to take into account the truth that the launcher was principally designed to be suitable with Windows 10 and its earlier variations. However, Windows 11, being a current launch, might need many instabilities with this utility. Fortunately, on this article, we’ll take a look at among the commonest causes and their options to repair Epic Games Launcher not opening on Windows 11.
Method 1: Make Epic Games Launcher Run as Administrator
If you constantly encounter the Epic Games Launcher not opening on Windows 11, it might need to do one thing with accessing privileges. The utility will not have the opportunity to launch correctly in your system with out applicable permissions. And since some adjustments are made in Windows 11 to provide higher safety, it is extremely a lot doable to encounter one thing like this.
Luckily, all you want to do is make the applying run as administrator. This will grant larger permissions to Epic Games Launcher. So, if it was not opening due to a scarcity of accessing any permission earlier, hopefully, it will resolve the difficulty. In order to run Epic Games Launcher as an administrator, the steps are talked about beneath:
- Click on the Start icon and seek for Epic Games Launcher.
- Now, you possibly can see the “Run as administrator” possibility below Epic Games Launcher icon. Click on it.
- Windows will subsequent throw a immediate; merely click on on Yes.
That is all you want to do so as to run the applying as an administrator. You will now have all of the permissions required for the sleek operating of this system. However, even after granting all of the permissions, if it does not be just right for you, then go for the subsequent methods.
Method 2: Use Epic Games Launcher with a VPN
Sometimes there are numerous regional restrictions utilized for sure functions. If there are any restrictions for Epic Games Launcher in your area, this may additionally be the reason for why the applying just isn’t opening in your Windows 11. So, a easy hack is to use a VPN.
A VPN will bypass all regional restrictions and can permit you to entry and use the applying with none interference. But keep in mind to use a dependable VPN simply to guarantee your individual security as effectively.
Method 3: Clean Your Webcache
As you already know, the net cache folder comprises a current file of all of your actions on the browser. If suppose, your Epic Games Launcher’s internet cache folder has some corrupted information saved in it, it could hamper the additional utilization of the applying. Thus, the most effective decision is to clear the net cache folder to take away any type of corrupted information earlier than utilizing the applying.
Once you will have cleared this folder, it’s going to take away the traceback to all of your current internet actions. However, it would very effectively repair the difficulty. The steps to clear your internet cache folder are as follows:
- Press the Win + R key to open the Run immediate.
- Now, sort %localappdata% on the textual content subject and click on on the OK button.
- Click on the View tab, hover over Show, and ensure to allow the Hidden possibility to view all of the hidden information and folders.
- Locate and click on on Epic Games Launcher and once more click on on Saved.
- Finally, you will note a folder named internet cache. Right-click on the actual folder and choose delete.
Method 4: Change Display Settings
Occasionally, your show settings may additionally trigger issues whereas opening Epic Games Launcher in your Windows 11 system. A easy repair could be to change the display screen’s decision and refresh price. Loads of customers have already benefitted from this trick, so this one is certainly value a strive. The following steps will information you in correctly altering your show settings.
- Click on the Start button on the taskbar and go to Settings.
- Under the System tab, go to Display.
- Now, find the Scale possibility and open the drop-down menu and choose 100% from the choices.
Once you might be performed altering the settings, return and take a look at to launch the Epic Games Launcher as soon as once more. If it goes effectively, then you might be all prepared to use it. But in case it does not, then have some hope and go for the subsequent trick.
Method 5: Change Epic Games Launcher’s Target Properties
Another motive why Epic Games Launcher just isn’t opening on Windows 11 is likely to be due to some incorrect settings. Fortunately, making an attempt out a number of adjustments shall resolve the difficulty for good. Simply undergo the next steps, and also you shall repair it quickly sufficient.
- Locate the Epic Games Launcher shortcut icon in your desktop, right-click, and go to Properties. Go to the Shortcut tab.
- Click on the field beside Target and add “-OpenGL” on the finish of the trail.
- Next, click on on Apply after which OK to save adjustments.
- Lastly, open Epic Games Launcher as soon as once more from the shortcut and examine if it really works out.
Method 6: Repair the Epic Games Launcher App
Loads of instances, functions might need bother launching due to sure incorrect settings or corrupted information. And the Epic Games Launcher is not any such exception. But the nice factor is you should utilize its built-in restore device to resolve points like Epic Games Launcher not opening on Windows 11. Here is how to do it.
- Press Win + R key to open the run immediate.
- Now, sort appwiz.cpl and hit the OK button.
- Locate the Epic Games Launcher and click on on it.
- Finally, click on on the Repair possibility and wait till it’s full.
Once it’s performed, strive launching the Epic Games Launcher as soon as once more.
Method 7: Reinstall the Epic Games Launcher
Last however not least, if all you get is a failure with all of the earlier strategies, take into account the final resort to reinstall the applying. Simply hold on to the subsequent few steps, and you’ll simply reinstall the applying with none trouble.
- Firstly, open the run utility by urgent the Win + R key.
- Type appwiz.cpl and hit the OK button.
- Once once more, find Epic Games Launcher amongst all of the put in functions and click on on it.
- And lastly, click on on the uninstall button.
- After uninstalling, restart your pc and set up it again from the official web site of Epic Games.
Epic Games Launcher not opening on Windows 11 is likely to be a irritating factor to take care of. However, now we have tried to cowl many of the explanation why you is likely to be having such bother and have additionally talked about the steps to repair them as effectively. Hopefully, in the event you discovered this text invaluable, tell us within the feedback beneath. Also, share your expertise about what actually prompted the difficulty and the way was this text useful in the entire course of.