Microsoft Outlook, the native electronic mail shopper of the Windows working system, is included in the Microsoft Office and Microsoft 365 software program suites. Initially, Microsoft solely allowed you to use the e-mail accounts offered by your group and establishments. This meant that you might not add your Gmail account to the Outlook app and had to swap to a totally different electronic mail shopper to achieve this.
Interestingly, Microsoft has launched the preview model of the Outlook app for Windows 11, making it potential to add third-party Gmail accounts to your Outlook electronic mail shopper. Everyone, together with customers having a Microsoft 365 subscription and people utilizing solely the Mail and Calendar app, can have entry to the preview model of the newly launched Outlook app from their Windows 11 PCs.
It is necessary to point out that Microsoft is slowly rolling out performance for all customers, so that you might need to anticipate a while to have the option to add your Gmail account to the brand new Outlook app in Windows 11. A fast method to acknowledge whether or not or not the characteristic is on the market for you is to verify the Microsoft settings window. If you see the Add all electronic mail account button, it means you might be good to go. However, in case you see the Add all of your Microsoft 365 accounts possibility, the characteristic has not been added for you but.
Having stated that, let’s undergo the detailed directions under to add the Gmail account to the brand new Outlook app in your Windows 11 PC.
Table of Contents
Steps to Add a Gmail account to your Outlook app
Adding your Gmail account to the Outlook app is a simple course of. However, as a novice, you could get confused with the intricate Outlook format and the brand new consumer interface. To assist you out, we have now described the step-by-step course of to add a Gmail account to the Outlook app under.
- Press the Start button, kind Outlook in the search menu on high, and click on the Outlook icon, situated in the Search outcomes.
- Click the Gear icon on the highest proper nook of the Outlook app.
- Next, choose the View all Outlook settings possibility from the drop-down menu to entry Outlook settings.
- Select Accounts from the left menu of the Settings window, adopted by Email accounts from the sub-menu.
- Choose the Add Account possibility beneath the Email Accounts part.
- Provide your Gmail account deal with in the brand new popup and press the Continue button.
- Type your password in the following window and comply with the on-screen directions to add the Gmail account to the Outlook app efficiently.
- Click the Allow button on the affirmation popup to permit Microsoft Outlook to entry your Gmail account.
- Now your Gmail account can be efficiently added to the newly launched Outlook app by Microsoft. After the syncing is full, you may retrieve your Google Calendar entries and Contact particulars.
The potential to add your Gmail account in the brand new Outlook app is a considerate step by Microsoft. Now which you could entry your work or school-related Gmail account instantly from the Outlook app, you don’t have to fear about lacking your emails.
What are your ideas in regards to the revamped model of the Outlook app launched by Microsoft for Windows 11? Do tell us in the feedback part under.